When we refer to “personal data”, we are referring to any information which can directly or indirectly identify you, as explained more fully below.
Personal Data We Collect
Sync-Think collects and receives information about our customers’ patients and client’s experiences with our Services in a variety of situations, including:
- Name, address, date of birth, gender, username or other user identifier, and other information the customer enters on or uploads to our devices to identify the user of our devices.
- Protected health information including medical histories, test and laboratory results, health conditions, and other data that a healthcare professional collects to identify an individual and determine appropriate care.
- Contact data-your phone number(s), home and work address and email address.
- Information as required by the FDA and other governmental authorities relating to the quality, safety, and efficacy of our products.
How We Use Personal Data
To provide our services to our customers, Sync-Think may create, develop, or receive information about a user’s experience with our devices in a variety of situations, including:
- Interacting with other members of the healthcare provider team regarding a particular user’s diagnosis and treatment.
- Receiving questions and suggestions about our products and services from patients, athletic trainers, nurses, physicians, and other healthcare providers.
- Collecting, analyzing, and re-analyzing our data in a continuous effort to improve the design, quality, and function of our devices.
- Providing information or technical support for our Services.
- We also use the data to operate our business, which includes analyzing our performance meeting our legal obligations, developing our workforce, and doing research.
Reasons We Share Personal Data
We share personal data with the user’s consent or to complete any transaction or provide Services our customers have requested or authorized. We also share data with vendors working on our behalf; when required by law or to respond to legal process; to protect our customers; to protect lives; to maintain the security of our products.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
We also use “web beacons” to help deliver cookies and gather usage and performance data. Our websites may include web beacons, cookies, or similar technologies from third-party service providers.
Security of Personal Data
Sync-Think is committed to protecting the security of personal data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect the user’s personal data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. For example, we store the personal data provided by our customers and users in a secure cloud database. When we transmit highly confidential data over the internet, we protect it through the use of data encryption at rest (on disk or other storage device) and in transmission. We comply with applicable data protection laws, including applicable security breach notification laws.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA FOR?
We will keep your personal data for as long as the term of our contract with the relevant customer (as applicable). After this point we may still need to keep hold of your personal data if there is a legal reason for doing so (such as for tax purposes or where we need to resolve any disputes with you and/or a customer). In such circumstances, we will only retain the minimum amount of data necessary for such reason. We may retain aggregated data for any purposes.
Where We Store Personal Data
We store and analyze your personal data for our customers in a secure cloud database.
Please be aware that the transmission of data via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee that information transmitted to us via the internet will be completely secure and any transmission is at your own risk.
We understand that most of our customers are “Covered Entities” under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”) privacy and security regulations. As HIPAA Covered Entities, our customers are legally obligated to maintain the privacy of all patient information that they create or receive.
While Sync-Think is not a HIPAA Covered Entity, we recognize the impact that HIPAA privacy and security regulations have on our customers, and we do collect personal information relating to our customers’ patients. Sync-Think remains committed to interacting with our customers and their patients as responsible professionals who are dedicated to maintaining the privacy of information that we receive on the job, consistent with applicable law and regulations.
We provide training materials on HIPAA to our employees and expect our employees to respect each customer’s explicit instructions regarding incidental exposure to protected health information while visiting that customer’s site.
If at any time you wish to get in touch with us, whether that is to exercise your rights regarding your personal information or otherwise, please contact: